During the 2017-18 school year we helped 3,150 Seattle students at 10 schools achieve their goals. Of those students, 297 received intensive case management at South Lake and Chief Sealth HS, Aki Kurose and Denny MS, South Shore and Pathfinder K-8, Roxhill, Highland Park, Van Asselt and Dearborn Park Elementary schools. They were:
- 87% low-income
- Almost 50% were exposed to trauma
- 20% English language learners
- 15% homeless
- 39.5% African or African American
- 28% Hispanic
- 13.5% Asian or Pacific Islander
- 6% white
- 6% mixed race
- 4.5% other races
- 2.5% Native American or Alaska Native
Through individualized support for these 297 students most at-risk of dropping out:
• 88% graduated or were promoted to the next grade;
• 97% improved their academics;
• 85% improved their behavior;
• 66% improved their attendance rates.
We work closely with 101 community partners across the 10 schools.
Of all organizations working toward student achievement, only Communities In Schools is proven to decrease dropout rates, boost on-time graduation rates, and increase proficiencies in math and reading.