The Stuff The Bus school supply drive is an annual summer effort during which Communities In Schools of Seattle partners up with local businesses and organizations like you to collect school supplies. At the end of the summer we collect supplies from all of our partners to then sort, count, and distribute to our partner schools.
From backpacks to carry books home, to art supplies to foster creativity, every item you donate to Stuff The Bus prepares kids to be successful in school and in life.
Your donations also help relieve an expensive burden on teachers and families – who spend, on average, between $150-$400 on back-to-school supplies; and that doesn’t include new clothes or sports equipment. When you’re sending more than one kid back to school the expenses rise quickly. Teachers also spend about $400 out of pocket each year to provide supplies to their students. With classes of 30 or more students, that’s an average cost of almost $5,000 per class.
When you give to Stuff The Bus, you can help completely eliminate this cost for struggling students, families, and teachers.
Join the effort to prepare hundreds of kids for the school year!
- Collect school supplies at your place of work – Rally your coworkers, members, and friends to collect donations at your business or organization.
- Collect supplies on your own – and coordinate a drop off on your schedule!
- Donate – by clicking here!
- Volunteer at an event!
- Collection Day August 23rd – Help coordinate supply pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Sorting and Counting Day August 24th – Our largest event! Join us at South Shore K-8 school to inventory and prepare all the school supplies for our school sites.
- Distribution Day August 26th – Help us load up and move all the supplies to the school sites.
Help kids get the supplies they need. Join the effort today or make a donation here!