The Stuff The Bus school supply drive is an annual summer effort during which Communities In Schools of Seattle partners up with local businesses and organizations like you to collect school supplies. At the end of the summer we bring a school bus around to collecting sites to literally stuff the bus. The items are then sorted, counted, and distributed to the Seattle schools.
From backpacks to carry books home, to art supplies to foster creativity, every item you donate to Stuff The Bus prepares kids to be successful in school and in life.
Your donations also help relieve an expensive burden on teachers and families – who spend, on average, between $150-$400 on back-to-school supplies; and that doesn’t include new clothes or sports equipment. When you’re sending more than one kid back to school the expenses rise quickly. Teachers also spend about $400 out of pocket each year to provide supplies to their students. With classes of 30 or more students, that’s an average cost of almost $5,000 per class.
When you give to Stuff The Bus, you can help completely eliminate this cost for struggling students, families, and teachers.
Summer is just around the corner and that means another incredible Stuff the Bus season! We are currently bringing on a new Development Manager who will lead this year’s Stuff the Bus. Up-to-date information on how you can get involved in Stuff the Bus 2019 will be coming soon! In the meantime please direct questions to Beth Graves, email@example.com
Join the effort to prepare thousands of kids for the school year!
- Collect school supplies at your place of work – Rally your coworkers, members, and friends to collect donations at your business or organization.
- Collect supplies on your own – and coordinate a drop off on your schedule!
- Donate – by clicking here!
- Volunteer at an event!
- Collection Day – CIS brings a school bus to collection sites to literally “stuff the bus”. Volunteers help collect supplies during an action-packed day riding around town!
- Sorting Day – After all the supplies have been gathered, volunteers help sort everything at one of the school sites
- Counting Day – Volunteers help count all the supplies – yes, every last pencil!
- Distribution Day – Supplies are loaded up into trucks, and volunteers help distribute supplies to all the school sites
- Sponsor Stuff The Bus – Invest in the success and strength of Stuff The Bus – click here to learn more!
Help kids get the supplies they need. Join the effort and click here to make a donation today!