- This event has passed.
This academic year Communities In Schools of Seattle (CISS) is serving over 3,000 students with 200 of those students receiving intensive one-on-one support at Aki Kurose Middle School, Denny International Middle School, Madison Middle School, and South Shore PK8. Site Coordinators are in schools working closely with students and their families to help aid with food insecurities, emergency utility assistance, and transportation issues to and from school, among other barriers to academic success.
We hope you will consider engaging and investing in a way that is meaningful to you. Here is a complete list with links to assist you on your Giving Tuesday journey.
- Amplify CISS by sharing our mission with your friends and professional network (follow and tag us through social media).
- Learn about the impact of the pandemic on education equity and share your reflections with family and friends.
- Invest with a meaningful gift.
- Apply for CISS Board of Directors (especially legal & HR professionals).
- Reach out for a virtual tour of the CISS program at one of our partner schools by sending us an email.
- Stay informed by signing up for our quarterly newsletter.
- Organize field trips to your company for CISS students to explore different career paths by sending us an email.
- Refer your employer to be an event sponsor by contacting us here.
- Advocate for funding integrated students supports (or school-community partnerships) with your local school board or elected officials.
- Ask you neighborhood school to explore partnership opportunities with CISS. Partnership opportunities can be referred to this email.